Once I went on a trip to a mountainous area with a few friends. Since there were plans to spend a night or two there, we were planning to spend the night in a tent. But I was wondering which tent would be easier to set up. Then a friend of mine gave me an idea about the pop up tent.
After reading this, you must be wondering What is a pop up tent? right?
Okay, let’s not be late and find out what a pop up tent is, what are its advantages and how you can set up this tent anywhere without any hassle.
What is a pop up tent? A pop-up tent is an instant tent that, when erected, spreads itself. You don’t have to worry about supporting pole strings through the fabric. You just take it from the carry bag and go!! All you have to worry about is leaving the tent on the ground to keep it afloat.
What Is A Pop Up Tent & What Are Pop Up Tents Made Of?
When choosing your tent material there are so many options and features including the fabric, stakes, poles, and guy lines. But what will be the most durable and strong? You must choose something that is reasonable but the durability and weight will not be compromised as well.
So let’s check what pop up tents are actually made of.
- Aluminium is highly used as a material in tent poles.. It is relatively lightweight but strong and isn’t too expensive either. Aluminum is quite flexible in any kind of weather.
- Carbon fiber and fiberglass are another alternative tent materials for poles. Carbon fiber is absolutely lightweight but will cost a little more and have a few disadvantages.The carbon fiber or fiberglass may shatter in cold weather.
- On the other hand Aluminum may bend over time, but usually doesn’t break if dropped hard on a rock or hit with anything strong.
- In the case of fabrics, most of the pop-up tent’s fabrics are NYLON, RIPSTOP NYLON or POLYESTER and even COTTON..
Are Pop Up Tents Good?
If you are a beginner in tent use then you will not find an easier and more convenient way than this pop up tent. It is light in weight, affordable, and hassle-free to use. You can easily set up this instant tent anywhere anytime.
Are Pop Up Tents Durable?
Although some pop up tents are likely to be less durable than any other regular tents when it comes to heavy wind or heavy storms but nowadays since the materials have been improved it becomes more durable which makes it weather-resistant and helps to overcome any adverse environment.
How Does A Pop Up Tent Work?
They are built using a pre-attached frame. It is almost like an umbrella, which is already attached to the fabric. This allows you to remove it from the bag, undo any straps and just shake it. It will literally be a ‘pop up’ into a good tent shape.
Pop Up Tents For Camping:
If you are going to use a tent for the first time in camping, a pop up tent will be an easy way for you.
It will make your camping much more enjoyable and less difficult. You can set it up anywhere, be it a mountainous area or forest.
This pop up tent also comes in handy in the open space to ignore light rain.
The Pros And Cons Of Pop Up Tents:
As well as knowing what does pop up tent means, you will want to know what its advantages and disadvantages are.
Everything has its pros and cons. The pop up tent is not above it. Let’s take a look at the good and bad aspects of this tent.
- Pros 1: Amazing choice for the beginners
- Pros 2:It takes maximum 5-6 seconds to set up
- Pros 3: Takes less than 2 minutes to pick up
- Pros 4: Great choice for Rooftop, Yard and obviously for Camping
- Pros 5: Safe for Kids
- Cons 1: Larger Pop Up Tents are Bulky
- Cons 2: Can’t hold itself during strong wind
- Cons 3: Some Tents are not waterproof
- Cons 4: Less expensive tents have no weatherproofing
Check What are the Best pop up Tents for Craft Shows here.
What’s The Difference Between A Regular Tent And A Pop-up Tent:
The main and the most important difference between these two is the issue of setting up. But apart from this, they have several differences.
If we go to see the differences, we can see-
- Pop up or Instant tent can be set up in less than 10 seconds, while the regular tent takes a little longer to set up.
- The Instant or Pop up tents are self erecting while regular tents are needed to be put up by someone in a specific way.
- Regular Tents are affordable whereas most of the pop up tents are cost higher than usual
- Regular Tents are durable even in heavy winds but the pop-up tents are not.
To use this hassle-free tent You must spend some extra!
Because If you want to get something good, you must make some concessions, right? Even if it is very little.
So now you know what is a pop up tent and how this tent will make your trip more enjoyable.
Hopefully, through this article, I have been able to give you a very good idea about it.
Can I Make My Pop Up Tent More Waterproof?
Typically the center of a pop-up tent is a fiberglass roof which is also permanently waterproof. But still if you want to make it waterproof then you may put waterproof spray on the cover, you can use Seam tape and most importantly patch any holes and tears as they arise.
How Much Does A Pop-up Tent Cost?
The more durability you want, the more it will cost. You can find some quite reasonable and some will make a little difference in the price range. But no matter how high the price, the price is nothing compared to its benefits.
Hi, this is John A. Clark. A crazy camper and adventurous camping enthusiastic. I love outdoor activities. I have been camping for almost 12 years.
I share my exciting experiences in writing blogs. Campings Lab is my website to help people who are the same mind like mine.
Happy reading! 🙂